Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

SEO Ultimate not writing tags on posts page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 6, 2010, 01:37 PM
scott.crooks

4 posts · Apr 2010
Exclamation SEO Ultimate not writing tags on posts page

The subject pretty much says it all. I'm using SEO Ultimate to create custom titles, meta descriptions, etc. for each Page and Post on my organization's website. So far I'm very impressed with it's easy of use and versatility. However there's a problem. It works for every Page except the Page that displays the most recent blog posts.

I have this Page set up in Settings -> Reading. The front page currently displays a static page, and the posts page is set to a page I created called "Blog Posts". The actual "Blog Posts" page itself is completely blank; it merely acts as a placeholder.

I've tried another SEO plugin called Wordpress SEO to see if I had better luck. That plugin does allow me to write custom title and meta description tags for the posts page. However, no matter what I put as the custom title for any page, it always appends my blog name at the end. So if I gave a page title of "Test", it always shows up as "TestBlog Name".

Here are my questions:

1. What must I do to get SEO Ultimate to write tags for the posts page?

2. Why does WordPress SEO append your blog name to your page title even though you don't include it? Is there a way to get rid of it?

Here is my information:

Page in question: http://mlsa-wordpress.mtlsa.org/blog-posts/
WordPress version: 3.0.1
Atahualpa version: 3.5.3
PHP version: 5.3.3
MySQL version: 5.1.36