Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How can I put a photo in left side bar?

Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I'm hoping this is terribly simple. I just can't figure it out. I've created the left side bar but in the Widgets section, I don't see an option for uploading a picture. Suggestions?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:37 PM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I've used the PLUGIN "Simple Image Widget" to add images to widgets. I find this is easier than using the text widget & using html code. You can use it multiple times to place multiple images if needed. However, there is no "Upload" in this widget, you must already have uploaded the images and know the url to them.

However if you need one that includes an upload function, you may want to try out "Image Widget" but I believe I had problems with this one, when I tried to use a plugin that hid certain widgets on certain pages. I think because it uses an old type of coding, but I'm not sure. It worked for me to place images, but it didn't work when I needed to hide them on certain pages. Just a FYI.

Last edited by JaneD; Oct 24, 2010 at 09:42 PM.