Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Clickable banner link, searched without success

Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:05 AM
cjfelton

3 posts · Jun 2010
Troy, Michigan USA
Clickable banner link, searched without success

Thanks for this great theme! I am getting close to having my site done, and am stumped on one thing, how to make my banner link to an external web site. I've searched the forum, and thought I had the answer at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1926.

I have not been able to make this work. It causes an error that makes the site inaccessible until I upload the version I saved of the file. I am using Atahualpa version 3.4.9 and WP 2.9, and I have made the header image clickable. Is there updated code, or another place in the file to edit, since the post I reference above indicates it works up through 3.4.4?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:23 AM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
Can you post your before and after code? At first glance that should still be working.

Velma
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:53 PM
cjfelton

3 posts · Jun 2010
Troy, Michigan USA
The section of code that the information in the post referenced is below. I've highlighted the line that was suggested as the change to make the banner link to an external site:

// Header Image
if ( strpos($header_items,'%image') !== FALSE ) {

ob_start();

$bfa_header_images = bfa_rotating_header_images();

echo '<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container" style="background: url(' .
$bfa_header_images[array_rand($bfa_header_images)] . ') ' . $bfa_ata['headerimage_alignment'] . ' no-repeat;">';

if ($bfa_ata['header_image_clickable'] == "Yes") {
echo '<div class="clickable"><a class="divclick" title="';
bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="'; bloginfo('url'); echo '/">&nbsp;</a></div>';

}

if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != '' ) {
echo '<div class="opacityleft">&nbsp;</div>';
}

if ( $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != 0 AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != '' ) {
echo '<div class="opacityright">&nbsp;</div>';
}
// END: If Header Opacity

if ( $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_title'] == "Yes" OR $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes" ) {
echo '<div class="titleoverlay">';
if ($bfa_ata['overlay_blog_title'] == "Yes") {
echo '<h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle"><a href="'; bloginfo('url'); echo '/">';
bloginfo('name'); echo '</a></h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>';
}
if ($bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes") {
echo '<p class="tagline">'; bloginfo('description'); echo '</p>';
}
echo '</div>';
}

echo '</div>';

$header_image = ob_get_contents();

ob_end_clean();
}

I would really appreciate any help you or others can provide. Right now it links back to my home page, and I want to send a click to the Pepsi Refresh site.

Thanks!

Last edited by cjfelton; Jun 27, 2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: font size
Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Another way to accomplish this would be to put a new widget area in the header and use a widget with a hyperlinked banner immage.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:08 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I think Larry's suggestion would be easier.

and...

Code:
bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="'http://then'/">&nbsp;</a></div>';
If we go by the instructions in the referenced post, I think it would change to this:

Code:
bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="'http://thenewurl.com'/">&nbsp;</a></div>';
Is that what you tried?

Anyway...I still think Larry's suggestion would probably be the easiest to achieve what it is you'd like, without editing the actual theme code.

The disadvantage to editing the theme code is that when you update, you'll need to complete the same edits again on the new version.

With using the widget area, that would transfer over with any updates you do.

(Brilliant thinking, Larry. )

Warmly,

Velma
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in version 3.4.9-3.5.1 change line 301 from
HTML Code:
		bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="'; bloginfo('url'); echo '/">&nbsp;</a></div>';
to
HTML Code:
		bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="http://yourdomain.com" /">&nbsp;</a></div>';