Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Don't link first level parent items in page menu bar

Old Oct 6, 2010, 05:39 AM
Vnugrda

2 posts · Jun 2010
Hello,

In Atahualpa, there is a Page Menu Bar option called:
"Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar?" I have set this to Yes but it does not work. I m not using the Menu options from Wordpress. I m running Wordpress version 3.01 and Athahualpa 3.5.1

This is my page
http://www.vnugrda.net/Rieskrater

I looked through the forum but only found posts related to this problem form people that use the Menu options from Wordpress but if i missed the answer somewhere I m sorry for wasting your time.

thanks in advance
Old Oct 6, 2010, 09:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you applied the bug fixes for sub-menus?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:32 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
I'm having the same issue- the parent pages keep opening up instead of not responding (which is what I want) and forcing me to choose one of the submenu items instead. I'm using the WP menu tool, and have tried both options ("No" and "Yes") in the ATO>Menu 1>Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar? section. And yes, I did replace bfa_hor_pages/php w the bug fix.

What is the next step? Thx!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you are using the WordPress menu system the Atahualpa setting has no effect. All you need to do is create a custom menu button with # in the url field. If you don't see the option to create a custom menu button click on the screen option in the WordPress Menus and you can check a box to enable custom menu items.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 03:20 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Didn't see, nor knew what that was for. I wish WP put a tool tip by each item so you could readily see its purpose.

Thanks for the advice. We're on a roll, Larry; 2 days in a row of solutions from you. Thx
Old Oct 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I didn't catch that screen options thing right away. I just generally click on stuff I see and once in awhile I'm surprised by what I find.