Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Newbie / Struggling with Right Sidebar Widget Concept and Specifics

Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:58 AM
ole@oleaustin.com

22 posts · Jul 2009
Austin
Hi,
I'm a Realtor - I'm trying to configure my right sidebar so that it has my picture and a contact me button.
I can't figure out a) where I would do this (in ATO? or in just Appearance/Widgets) and b) where I can access a photo widget.
Additionally, there are three things on the right sidebar (site admin, login/logout and Wordpress) that didn't used to be there and I can't figure out where they are coming from.
I've come a long ways in a month but definitely still have a ways to go! I think figuring this out will help enormously in my next round / level of learning.
The website is http://www.oleaustin.com.
Thanks!
Ole
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
'm trying to configure my right sidebar so that it has my picture and a contact me button.
I can't figure out a) where I would do this (in ATO? or in just Appearance/Widgets)
The content of the sidebars are widgets and they are controled in Appearances->Widgets. Some of the styling for the widgets can be controled by Atahualpa at ATO->Style WIDGETS
You could use the text widget to put in html to display the photo and add some code to handle the contact me. You can also look for a contact me plugin (use google 'wordpress contact widget'

Quote:
b) where I can access a photo widget.
Try the NextGen gallery plugin

Quote:
Additionally, there are three things on the right sidebar (site admin, login/logout and Wordpress) that didn't used to be there and I can't figure out where they are coming from.
These are default widgets that are part of the wordpress package. They are there until you place a widget in the right sidebar, then they will be gone. I guess the thnking is, Wordpress will provide some default widgets, but once you add your own, you are taking control and the default ones will be gone. You have to add them in if you want them
Old Sep 7, 2009, 03:08 PM
ole@oleaustin.com

22 posts · Jul 2009
Austin
OK. This all sounds good but I'm curious how I would import the plugins you mention through WP.
My site is hosted in GoDaddy. Do I upload it there somewhere or is there a way to do it through Atahualpa? Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2009, 06:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
upload of plugins is a Wordpress function. I just FTP them to the wp-contents/plugins folder
Old Dec 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
cagsan

5 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
upload of plugins is a Wordpress function. I just FTP them to the wp-contents/plugins folder
Thats right. I use Globalscape's Cuteftp for that. Easy and functional.