Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Where to edit sidebars?

Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
I built a site about 10 months ago with Atahualpa, was doing well, and now am lost on sidebars.

I am using Atahualpa version 3.2, which I know needs updating but that is too scary right now. Today I have to make some changes before a meeting with client and I'm panicking.

WordPress I did update to version: 2.9.1

I did work on the right side bar often a long time ago, it is still displaying correctly on the site; but I am having a complete mental block on how do I edit the text there?

If someone points me in the right direction, my memory will probably return!

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look in the dashboard->Apearances->Widgets you should see the sidebars there where you put your widgets. I assume you want to change one of the widgets.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:14 AM
Andante

30 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for the quick response, JuggleDad.

However, the problem is I previously went to Appearance - Widgets, and the boxes on the right (Left Sidebar - Right Sidebar) are empty. I am assuming I must have used the 'text widget' to put the text there.

So the Sidebar boxes on the Widget pages are empty; but I still have text in my right sidebar:

Here is the address if you want to take a peek:
http://friendstpl.org

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this, swap to the default theme and see if you see the widgets. If so change them there and then swap back to Atahualpa.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM.