Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Removing Blog Title for SEO

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Blackjax

9 posts · Aug 2010
I'm very new at all of this and it's possible that I've overlooked the solution, or that I'm using the wrong terminology. I would appreciate any assistance. I'm extremely new to Wordpress. This is the second site I've ever built and I taught myself by google searching everything. I'm stuck on this one at the moment.

Here is my site: http://www.ironwoodmartialarts.com/

I've used the Blog Title and Tagline to make it look a certain way on the page. For SEO and browser menu display purposes, I'm trying to implement the Headspace plugin.

The problem I've run into is that I cannot seem to remove the Blog Title from any of the menu items and it shows up on links, such as Facebook, due to it being in the title.

As an example, I'm trying to get the front page to read: Self Defense | Ironwood Martial Arts

Right now it says: Self Defense | Ironwood Martial Arts <<Ironwood

The <<Ironwood shows on every page and when I go to ATO > Configure SEO and change the display to only say Page Title, it doesn't change. I've even tried changing the Meta Title Tag Separator and that isn't working either.

Now if I try deactivating the plug in, and using the Bytes for All SEO Options, that works, but not in the way I would like for all the things I'm working to add to the site. If I don't use the Bytes for All options, the display menus go back to using the <<Ironwood information.

It could be a conflict with Headspace but my suspicion is that it's a display thing due to the way I did my blog title in the header area.

If I need to use a CSS insert or take something out, that's fine. Please give me an example of the code and I'll drop it in. One day when I have some time, I intend to take CSS tutorials elsewhere but for the moment, I just figure it out as I go.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I like SEO Ultimate for what you are trying to do.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:14 PM
Blackjax

9 posts · Aug 2010
I'll give it a shot, I don't have ties to any particular SEO options, whatever works. Thanks lmiles.

Course, now I need to figure out how to make it work.

Last edited by Blackjax; Aug 21, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:31 AM
Blackjax

9 posts · Aug 2010
Worked like a charm and from reading up on it, looks like it's ok to run Headspace alongside SEO Ultimate if I needed the extra functionality that isn't provided. That's fantastic.