Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to interpret file name in Firebug

Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:04 PM
dthompson

1 posts · Apr 2014
How to interpret file name in Firebug

Hi, folks, I have previous WP experience, but I'm new to Atahualpa.

I used to looking at code through Fire bug, using the Style tab on the right side to find the CSS for given line of HTML.

With Atahualpa, I'm getting numbers instead of filenames. In this case, [domain] #5. How do I know where that is?

Thanks,

DT
Old Jul 24, 2014, 02:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/CSS_Panel

To know where the CSS is set you should first look thru and get familiar with all the theme options. Next you will need to look at the CSS Selector then edit the theme file css.php and search for that selector. In there you will find things like
HTML Code:
body {
	text-align: center;  /* centering the page container, 
							text-align will be reset to left 
							inside the container */
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	<?php echo $bfa_ata['body_style']; ?>
	}
the line
HTML Code:
	<?php echo $bfa_ata['body_style']; ?>
points you to the body style options at ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style

while it may seem confusing at first, I think Flynn (the developer) did an elegant job.

don't forget that you can always add CSS in the ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts option which will be at the end of the CSS and override any options you don't (or can't) change in the regular options.

p.s. there is no CSS in the default theme options for HTML so unless you added it, it is probably from a plugin.