Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Array of Comments

Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:20 AM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
Good afternoon,
I can't comprehend the composition of the array code for comments and plus, I'd like to have the composition of the code to meet the conditions specified in the list, then you can set, among other things, in the byline: "Homepage" - in the byline: "Multi Post Pages" and in the byline: "Single Post Pages":

* No comment.
* 1 Comment.
* %Comments (with the power to enter anything after 'Comments', if the number of comments is higher than 1 and less or equal to n).
* %Comments (with the power to enter anything after 'Comments', if the number of comments is higher than n.
* Comments are closed.

I hope I have been clear.
Thank you.
Sincerely, Andrea.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it's easy...well once you understand it
the first field is if there are 0 comments
the second field is if there is 1 comment
the third field is when there are more than 1 comment
the fourth field is when comments are closed
you can put anything in you want, you could use %comments('red', 'orange', 'yellow', 'green')%
and if you had no comments, you would get the word 'red', if there was one comment you would get 'orange' etc.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 03:50 PM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
Good evening.
I'm afraid I did not well explained, but if you had better read what I wrote, you would understand that the conditions that I would are 5 not 4.
Repeating: I would like, instead of a single condition with a number of comments that is higher than 1, two conditions, namely: a condition with the number of comments that is greater than 1 and equal or less than that is "n" ( where "n" is a number to be set in the settings), the other condition, with the number of comments exceeds "n" (always with "n" set in the settings).
Thanks if you want to help me.
Andrea
Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you would like to change it so there are five conditions, then you are going to have to dig into the themes code and figure a way to add the fifth case and add a new variable so you can have the 1 to nn case.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:39 AM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
Good morning
Excuse me, but if you are unable to give me the help I'm looking for, why answer?.
I already admitted I have had difficulties to that code, so I'm not waiting for you to tell me what to do or where to go, I would be able alone to make these ridiculous decisions.
This is a support forum or what?.
I hope there is someone more prepared to respond to this forum!.
The administrator should imagine that our participation helps him to create the best solutions for its Thema.
Regards, Andrea.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Excuse me, but I did give you the answer. You want a custom modification of the code. In my quick opinion, this will not be an easy change, therefore you have three options.

1) dig into the code and produce the modification to the code so it does what you want
2) hire someone to look at the code and produce the modification you want or
3) do without the option you want

I get the impression that you expect someone to jump on this and maybe spend several hours figuring out how to code the change you want, testing it and then handing it to you on a platter. But what is in it for that person?

While I give extensively of my time to others on the forum, I do it because many of them donate to me or I see an question that intrigues me or I know the answer off the top of my head. However, if in my opinion a request will signafant time, I will let someone know that the are free to dig into the code or they can contact me in a PM and I'll quote them my rate.

However you are free to wait for someone 'more prepared to respond' - good luck
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:55 AM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
You're bad luck, for the same team of Atahualpa Theme, and I do not understand what is your role on this forum, but maybe do the mercenary, or you hope to find a job.
You have responded to my post, I even knew your existence!.
Your behavior is against every rule of common virtual coexistence.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:15 AM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
Although this site is the official forum of the Atahualpa Theme, I would say that is managed in a way scary, horrible and disgusting. Experts(?) offer advices and solutions, which are all very simple and already solved from pages of the setup, but just ask you something different and challenging, even to improve the functionality of the same theme, one of them makes you immediately advances of money in return.
And you readers, continue to attend it?.
But I am inclined to abandon finally the Atahualpa Theme and switch to another Theme
Yuck!.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm sorry you feel disgruntled and that no one has jumped on your request for a modification to the code. You are looking for a change to the way the theme currently works - a 'Request For Modification' (RFE), but it seems that you want it right away.

Changes to any product have to be weighed against the time they will take and the number of people that will find it useful. It makes no sense to spend 50 hours on a request that one person wants when 200 people are looking for another change that will take 20 hours (these are just examples) The second RFE will satisfy more people for the time spent.

Now, this theme if open source - that means ANYONE is free to dig in and make the change they want. If they can't wait for a change, THEY are free to do it themself. In the event that they are not capable of making the change, they have the option to hire someone to do it for them - IT'S A CHOICE.

I wish you luck with what ever theme you decide to swap to and good luck with your website.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 21, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:25 AM
andreamen

6 posts · Sep 2010
It would have been correct if a similar response was received first, and without the requirement of an intervention fee.
If anyone has been able to satisfy my request is because nobody has been able to do so, including you.
I know that the change request should be amended 7 files, but I was hoping that at least for the authors of the theme, were the trifles and a pastime.
Evidently, just you, you're not capable!.
So my question is still relevant: why do you answer me?.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
So my question is still relevant: why do you answer me?.
You know, I'm not sure eithor