Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Update Removed Custom Header

Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
krimkus

4 posts · Jun 2010
Hello,

My site is motherrimmy.com. I paid a company to create a custom header for my Atahualpa theme and they uploaded the image and customized the header. When I updated Wordpress and then this theme, my custom header was gone. I have to say this happened the last time I updated the them through the Wordpress dashboard as well, but I was able to get my images back.

I have followed the instructions in a post on this site to ensure that I have the backup image file loaded in the correct location and that there are no spaces in the name and I still have a blank header.

The image size is 874 x 239. I configured this size information in the header customization of the theme. No luck.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kristi
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You just need to be sure the header image that was in the "old atahualpa"/images/header folder is now in the atahualpa351/images/header folder.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:39 AM
krimkus

4 posts · Jun 2010
I haven't updated to 3.5.1. The version available through WordPress is 3.4.9, and I can see now that it says any customizations I would have made if I updated through Wordpress would be lost. It helps to read the instructions first, but unfortunately when I updated Wordpress I had the Auto Draft issue in my blog titles, so I had to update this theme without reading that critical point. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I hesitate to do another update to Atahualpa. I read the patches in the update and I think I would be fine on 3.4.9 if I could just get my header back.

The header is named img01.jpg and is located in Worpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header and I only have the one image for the header.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please check to see it you have '%image' as one of the options at ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do you have in the ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA>Configure Header Area box? Or if you like you could PM me with a login and password and I could fix it for you.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:01 AM
krimkus

4 posts · Jun 2010
Thank you for such a quick response. I will check this out when I get home and hopefully that will fix the problem.

I noticed in my backup that the web person that created the header never had the image inside the header folder. It was sitting in the images directory and my old images were in the header directory. Hmmmm.

I love this theme, by the way, and appreciate the hard work that has gone into making it available.

Kristi
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:35 PM
krimkus

4 posts · Jun 2010
Thank you for your help. I needed to add %images in the configuration. I have some formatting problems now, but I thank you for your help. Next time I won't update through Wordpress.

I'll be sure to make a donation.

Kristi