Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] I can see blog; however says"page not found"

Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
AscenderRisesAbove

6 posts · Jul 2009
California !
[SOLVED] I can see blog; however says"page not found"

Hello all.

My blog was down for about two weeks, and am successfully back up after updating. However; now across the top of my blog there is my blog name (Ascender Rises Above) but also "page not found".
How might I get rid of those words?

I have tried solutions to similar problems. I did reset the reading settings; and I checked under general settings that the words "page not found" was not in there. My rss feed appears fine.

I did a search on my theme "Atahualpa" and the words "page not found"; and found that there are a great many blogs with this same issue. I searched posts here for "page not found" and did not find a solution.

Looking back at my theme, looking at "Atahualpa Theme Options"

Inside of it is a tab called "SEO"

Inside of it is a place for "Homepage Meta Description" (mine is blank)

and "Homepage Meta Keywords" (mine is blank)

and "Use Bytes For All SEO options?" I have "no" clicked.

Nofollow RSS, trackback & admin links? I have it as "No"

The theme I am using is Atahualpa 3.2. My wordpress is 2.7.1

I appreciate your taking the time to look at this issue.

Jacque
AscenderRisesAbove.com
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the page title comes from dashboard->settings->general->Blog title
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:46 AM
AscenderRisesAbove

6 posts · Jul 2009
California !
Thanks Juggledad;
I did go to where you indicated and changed the title from "Ascender Rises Above" to "Ascender Rises Above • Jacquelyn Berl" and it still says "page not found"

here are other items on that page:
wordpress address http://ascenderrisesabove.com
blog address http://ascenderrisesabove.com
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:14 PM
AscenderRisesAbove

6 posts · Jul 2009
California !
I changed it back to "Ascender Rises Above" as the other was too long for the header.

The problem of "page not found" that I am referring to is not inside the header; but inside the gray bar at the very top of the browser
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do yu have set at dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays
If you have "A static page' selected, do the two pages actually exsist?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:25 PM
AscenderRisesAbove

6 posts · Jul 2009
California !
Looking at the page you mentioned I have:
Front page displays "your latest posts"
static page is not checked

blog pages show at most 4
syndication feeds 900
show full text
encoding UTF-8