Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Dotted lines on category bar when centered

Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:07 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via MSN to WesleyTack
[SOLVED] Dotted lines on category bar when centered

Hey,
I got this issue where the dotted line around the category bar doesn't go away. I found a thread on this board that addressed the same problem and has it as solved, but I did everything mentioned on said thread and they didn't work for me. I even did a search for all dotted lines in the .css file and made them the same color as my background, and they still don't disappear. This is the thread:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ry+dotted+line

WP: 2.9
ATA: 3.4.4

The lines disappear when I change from "%cat-center" to "%cats", but I want it centered
If anyone knows what I need to change to fix this would be awesome!
Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:47 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
Ok, I checked the thread again I posted in my initial post, there everyone talks about "div#menu1", but as I was checking this forum for a similar bug I found this thread:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2548

There Juggledad mentions that categories are "div#menu2", so I looked it up in my css.php and there it was indeed still dotted with 1px (I searched for "dashed" last night, and it should have been "dotted").

So, just change this:

div#menu2 {
border: dotted 1px #ccc;
}

to this:

div#menu2 {
border: dotted 0px #ccc;
}

This fixes the dotted line.
Sorry for the extra post, but hopefully someone else will find it useful some day
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That thread was talking about the PAGES menu not the CATEGORY menu.
Pages use 'menu1'
Categories use 'menu2' as the ID for CSS so try this

HTML Code:
/* ================================================ */
/* CSS to remove lines around Cat menu and set color    */
/* ================================================ */
div#menu2  {
	background: #00ffff;
	border: solid 0px; 
}
Old Dec 23, 2009, 05:58 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
yea, I know that now, it said "menu bar" could have been both
Either way, good to know pages are menu1 and categories are menu2!
Thanks