Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style - I'm obviously missing something

Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:12 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
I am trying to achieve exactly the same effect as per your illustration in this area of your ATOs. I'd also like to drop the search and RSS fields too. But I can't seem to get it to work. Your advice would be much appreciated as ever.

The domain is: http://www.gbw247.info/heyford11

Thanks very much
Graham.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. What do you mean by
Quote:
The same effect aspersions your illustration in this area of your ATOs
Can you explain a bit more?

As for the search and rss options, did you look thru the options?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:36 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Sorry, if I wasn't clear.... In the Atahualpa Theme Options (ATOs) there's a section entitled "Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style". In that area there is an image to show what this effect looks like. That is what I am trying to achieve.

I have looked through the RSS options, and can't find anything about overlaying the RSS and search box.

Cheers
Graham
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set for the two options above the 'Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style' option?

as for the RSS and Search, you have confused me again, in your first post you say
Quote:
I'd also like to drop the search and RSS fields too.
then the second post seems to indicate you want them. Which is it?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:12 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Oh dear, that was stupid of me! Of course, I didn't have them ticked! It never occured to me that I had to both tick AND change the settings. Sorry for that.

When I say 'drop', I mean drop them down the page so that they overlay the image rather than sitting above it on the page.

Thanks
Graham
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there is a write up 'HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image.' in the Gold Forum Tutorials (access is avaliable to members who have donated $20 or more)

p.s. It looks like you don't have the 3.6.7 PATCHES applied Here are the links.
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in PATCH 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title
Old Aug 1, 2011, 09:30 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks Juggledad - that's great - I'll start playing. Best wishes, Graham.