Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Hello and header images question

Old Oct 30, 2009, 06:19 AM
DuckysMom

1 posts · Oct 2009
USA, in a basement unit
Greetings, all! First off, I want to let you know I love this theme! I am currently using Atahualpa 3.4.4 on WP 2.8 and it runs like a charm. I do have one issue that I cannot seem to resolve, however, and would greatly appreciate some assistance on.

EDIT: I solved this problem! I was able to revert to the original %image tag, delete my clunky code, and use my images. Sleeping on my keyboard helps. Tee hee Thanks for the theme.

I am working with the header images, and was able to successfully upload them and have them rotating using the javascript. However, the images did not rotate in the order I would have liked them to despite me naming them first alphabetically, then numerically, and then editing them in time order first ascending and then descending.
I tried to remedy this problem by using a custom javascript which allowed me to specify the order, speed, alt tags and links for the pictures. It works fine, but I had no way of stopping it from showing up on specified pages. Granted, my images are wonderful, but seeing a rotating montage on every page may prove distracting for some.
So, I decided to create a custom page template that would not have the header image, but keep the logo, top menu and feed items for those pages I didn't want it to show up on. However, the index.php file only has the php command to get the header, and there is no way (that I see with my skillset) to specify which parts of the header I would like to show up.
Is there a workaround? ie:
Is there an actual file I could edit to specify the order of the pictures instead of a random order? What commands ahould I use?
or
Should I try placing my code somewhere else besides the style and edit header area, and if so, where?
or
Is there a way to specify in a custom page template which header elements to show?

Thanks again for a wonderful theme, and in advance for any advice.
Stephanie- domains and webs for sale dot com

Last edited by DuckysMom; Oct 30, 2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Solved!