Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

I somehow deleted the footer on my site

Old May 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
therebelchick

9 posts · Jun 2011
Miami, FL
I somehow deleted the footer on my site

I was messing around last week and I think I deleted my footer...or perhaps something went wrong with the update?

I can not for the life of me figure out what is going on. Someone pointed out this to me, she says it looked like my footer code ended up in a text widget but I can not figure out how to edit it or correct it. (I am not code savvy)

Old May 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I can see the footer except it's at the lower right. What is in the Footer area box?
Old May 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
therebelchick

9 posts · Jun 2011
Miami, FL
I reinstalled my theme and found some footer coding in the functions.php files and now the footer is in my sidebar...

I don't understand most coding terms (which is why I use this great theme) what do you mean by the footer area box?
Old May 24, 2012, 03:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try uploading a new functions.php file. That should get the footer back in place. Then if you want to get rid of the credits at the bottom there are instructions in the Gold Forum and you are half way to being a Gold Member which requires at least $20 in donations.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
therebelchick

9 posts · Jun 2011
Miami, FL
I had already removed the notes - I donated last year.

Where can I find the functions.php file, or how do I reinstall it?

Thank you so much for your help! I've been Googling this like crazy all day trying to get it fixed!
Old May 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You would
  • Download a copy of the version of Atahualpa you are running from here.
  • Unzip
  • Copy the functions.php file to the atahualpa folder via FTP