Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] New problem uploading images on Atahualpa

Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:00 PM
missdanamarie

1 posts · Jun 2009
Hello,
I just started a new site using justhost.com and am using atahualpa 3.2 theme. I have used this them before through godaddy and had no problem uploading images onto the site. Any images that I am loading (jpg) are showing up as ? marks and are not visible on the site.
Do you think that this is related to justhost? I was thinking that maybe I would have to upload the images through the file manager instead but could not figure out where to put them...
Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you say the images ar showing up as question marks, where?
When you reference the image in the Atahualpa Header or a post?
The questin mark means the path to the image can't be resolved. Please post a url with an example.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:37 AM
sunnivie

16 posts · Sep 2009
I'm having the same problem, and i think myself and Danamarie posted on the same WP forum, also.

On new posts, when I try to use the browser uploader for images, those images posted from my computer don't post. Images posted from a URL do post correctly. I can upload images to my server via an FTP, but that won't work as I add contributors who would like to upload images from their own computers - I don't want to give everyone access to my server.

I think the problem is in the default directory the "images uploaded from computer" are being uploaded to. They are uploading to a day/month/year directory that doesn't seem to exist on our server. Is there a way to change this default image upload path to make sure they upload to an existent directory?

I'm running WP 2.8.3, Atahualpa 3.4.2

And an example: http://www.outfrontcolorado.com/blog/?p=41

Thank you in advance for the help.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sunnivie
I'm seeing images at your posted url

Make sure the folder is writable - make sure you have a folder 'uploads' in your wp-contents folder and make 'uploads' a writable folder
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:58 AM
sunnivie

16 posts · Sep 2009
Juggledad, thank you so much for your prompt response. I was able to create the folder and make it writeable - but the images are still default posting to the wp-content folder on the my server.

I'm then able to drag them into the wp-content/uploads folder manually on my server, but it seems like they should do that automatically. The images which posted correctly (linked to in my last post) are ones I manually put in the folder. Here's a correct link to what happens if I don't move the files:
http://www.outfrontcolorado.com/blog/?p=53

(Sorry about the other link, I posted and then realized I could move the files on the server). Moving the files on the server is easier than having to upload them manually, but I still can't figure out why they don't actually get filed in the folder they're listed under.

Is there some kind of default setting I can change? Or is this just a quirk?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have set at WP->Dashboard->Settings->Miscellaneous->Store uploads in this folder?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:27 PM
sunnivie

16 posts · Sep 2009
Juggledad, that was it. For some reason it was set to upload directly to wp-content. Changed it to wp-content/upload, and the picture posted correctly. Issue resolved.

http://www.outfrontcolorado.com/blog/?p=55

Thank you so much for your help! Donation incoming.