Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] I need page menu bar area to display on only certain pages

Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:52 PM
donlebi

5 posts · Mar 2010
Hi, I need page menu bar in header area to display on certain pages only. Like easy done with the page titles or sitebars. But it shows either on all or none of them. How goes that to fit please? Thank you!

lech
Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
create a CSS Selector and rule '{display: none;}' for the pages in question.
Take a look at the page in question, look at the generated source and find the '<body...'. That will give you the start of yout CSS Selector, and continue till you find the class or ID for the menu.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:29 AM
donlebi

5 posts · Mar 2010
Ok! but how I do create a CSS Selector please pass me some more details on my question. I'm starting from 0 on CSS
best,
Lech
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do a little research - here is an article http://www.webdesign.org/html-and-cs...mies.5516.html a good book is 'CSS in 10 Minutes'
Old Mar 21, 2010, 08:11 PM
donlebi

5 posts · Mar 2010
Hi, I now starting to understand the basic of CSS thanks for your tip. Neverless inside of Atahualpa 3.4.5 theme opitions on Wordpress I couldn't find access to ...the generated source and find the '<body...'. ... and continue till you find the class or ID for the page menu bar. I think I tried all possibilities without to figure how to.. there seems is no clear space where to past my rule! please where I should do put it in? Thanks a lot!
What you say my friend?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
To see the generated source of a page, view the page in your browser - ie go look at your site and navagate to the page in question. Once there you can use the BROWSER to view teh page source. All browsers have this ability - in Safaria, just go to the VIEW tab, then select 'View Source'.

Once you have your CSS selector and rule ready, you put them at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Apr 9, 2010, 01:08 PM
donlebi

5 posts · Mar 2010
Thank you juggledad for the information. Sorry for delay with the answer.
Meanwhile I solved the problem easily. I did hidden page menu bar and used the Pages wigged to display only on the pages I wanted.
But maybe you can help further.
I try to edit a WP a page in AHP 345, if I pretend to separate differences text lines in Visual mode there in no response on the page after I did save them. Nothing moved at all, anything return stay at same old state!. Why it doesn't work. it's an so simple operation? Is there a html code or sign for vertical space o separation, that I can put in the html to get two vertical lines separated?
If you like to have a look at www.donlebi.com/suscription. Thank you.
Best.
donlebi
Old Apr 9, 2010, 04:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can try a
HTML Code:
<br />