Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Montezuma 1.2.4 issue

Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:08 AM
perkin5

9 posts · Dec 2014
Montezuma 1.2.4 issue

Montezuma 1.2.4 does not seem to be compatible with WordPress 4.0.1. I have re-installed both twice now and although the theme installs and home page displays, I cannot access the Montezuma Options. I get a 'connection reset' error. All other themes seem to work fine.

I'm in Windows 7 and WAMP.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm running that combination fine on several of my customers and locally on my own server.

Have you tried disabling ALL your plugins?
what version of WP did you upgrade from?
have you reset your permalinks?
Have you reset your home page (front page displays)?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:53 AM
perkin5

9 posts · Dec 2014
Fresh install of WP 4.0.1 so no upgrade
No plugins
No change to permalinks
I changed the home page to a static page but then I changed it back to a posts page but neither made any difference. I stll can't access the Options page.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
might be something to do with your WAMP setup, but I have no idea what.
did you try doing a google?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what if you try one of the older releases you can find here
Old Dec 5, 2014, 01:02 PM
perkin5

9 posts · Dec 2014
Results of tests: version 1.2.3 - same effect. version 1.2.2 - same effect. version 1.2.1 - same effect, namely 'The connection was reset'.
Makes me think that some change in Wordpress 4.0.1 is causing this.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 01:12 PM
perkin5

9 posts · Dec 2014
Went back to an older version of wordpress (3.9.1) as well as an older version of montezuma and I still get the same effect so maybe it is some wamp setting. However I'm reluctant to reinstall wamp just to try out a theme so maybe montezuma is not for me. I've never had a problem with any other theme including atahualpa.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:41 AM
perkin5

9 posts · Dec 2014
I tried setting up a virtual domain which I did successfully but it made no difference to the issue here.

No plugins, no permalink reset, no home page reset, clean install not upgrade. I just activated the Montezuma theme and tried to open the Options.