Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to have banner ONLY on Home Page???

Old Mar 1, 2013, 07:31 PM
wskdigital

18 posts · Feb 2013
How to have banner ONLY on Home Page???

I was wondering if anyone knew how to have an additional banner show up only on the home page.

I'm already using "%image" in the Configure Header Area for my logo. I need to add a banner below it that will only show up on the home page. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Underneath %image wrap an image in a div with a class or ID and style as you wish. To have it only show on the home page add something like the following to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#secondimage {display: none;}
body.home #secondimage (display: block;)
The ID that I named secondimage could be anything that isn't in use on the site. What this does is hides the image everywhere and then the second line shows it on the home page. But double check that body.home is correct by looking at the page source and searching for body.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:16 AM
wskdigital

18 posts · Feb 2013
Thanks for the help. I'll try it tomorrow, it's late here. One question though. With the instructions you gave me, will the height be automatically regulated? For example: On the home page I will need an extra 200-300 pixels of height between the logo area and the website body, while on other pages and posts I do not.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 07:38 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not quite sure what you mean. The instructions just explain how to put an image only on the home page. Do you want extra spacing above and below the image on the home page?