Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Changing the style of 'pre' Preformatted text?

Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:41 AM
jraymonds

6 posts · Mar 2010
Atahualpa 3.4.6, Wordpress 2.9.2, Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
Changing the style of 'pre' Preformatted text?

I have only been using Wordpress for about six months and really do not know the ins and outs of web programming beyond having a background in 'C' and doing well just running off examples. I have been able to track down and successfully implement most of the customizations I have tried so far and I am even starting to feel comfortable adding things to the CSS Inserts... enough background...

What I cannot seem to find anywhere in the Theme nor on this forum is how to change the style of the basic formats for post text -- specifically I am looking to place a box around preformatted text and maybe tweak its features and I am not sure I can find out how to do this on my own!

Thanks in advance for what I am sure is a simple procedure.

-John
Old Mar 7, 2010, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Athualpa and WP?
What is the url?
What do you mean be 'preformatted text'?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:48 AM
jraymonds

6 posts · Mar 2010
what version of Athualpa and WP? 3.4.6/2.9.2

What is the url? I am currently running Athualpa on a sandbox VM machine and is thus only on a local LAN at the moment. For an example of what I am talking about (NOT IN ATHUALPA) look at the DOS commands at the following post: http://www.raymonds.com/JRsBlog/2010...t-cd-for-a-pc/

What do you mean be 'preformatted text'? I mean the text style one can select when writing a post -- like:

Paragraph
Address
Preformatted
Heading 1
Heading 2
etc
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You are right, there isn't a preset option for changing that. However you can use a CSS Insert to apply the styling you want. If you were to add to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Insert
HTML Code:
pre {
border: 1px blur;
}
you would ger a blue border around the preformatted text
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:20 AM
jraymonds

6 posts · Mar 2010
Got it -- though your syntax does not seem to be correct as it produced no visible result. I have the following:

pre {
padding: 1em 1em;
border: solid 1px #6D97B7;
}

Which works but the odd problem this produces is with the padding in place the top, bottom, and left boarders look perfect but for some reason the right one is not seen at all because the boarder runs into the right sidebar. If I remove the padding the boarder wraps tight around the text which is no where near the right sidebar. Any ideas?

Also, as a side note -- am I missing something stupid in the FAQ? Where can I put my WP, Atahualpa, OS, etc, stats so they appear in these forum posts?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 03:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oops, I've seen colors blur but never a color blur, I mistyped - that should be 'blue' (my finger was close)
try playing with margin

the info you see when I post was put in my profile in the 'where you live' field