Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Comments are not showing up on new site

Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:28 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Hi there,
I received my first comment on this website: http://tanglepatterns.com - a comment on this post: http://tanglepatterns.com/2010/05/we...epatterns.html.

I approved the comment, and replied to it. And neither one are appearing on the site, although they show up on the Dashboard.

I'm using the plugin WP-Sticky to make that post stay at the top of the home page for now. I'm wondering if that could have anything to do with this.

I'm using the latest version of Wordpress (2.9) and Atahualpa 3.4.6.

Thanks for any clues on how to fix this!
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you made any modifications to the code or to the options on the 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN' page?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:20 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
The only change I made there was to increase the padding:

padding: 20px 30px;
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want me to take a look, send me a PM with an admin id and pw and I'll poke arround.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:45 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Great, as soon as I figure out how to send a PM, I'll do it!
Thanks and cheers
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
jst click on my name and a drop down will show up
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the comment is on the very first post, the hello world. If you go to the comments page in teh back end, you will see the post name on the right side of the screen.

In the front end, go to the last page and look at the 'Hello World' post (this shows because it is what is in the Atahualpa Post Options 'Body Title Single Pages' feild)
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:17 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Hmm, I guess if I want this to show up on the home page, I should copy and paste that post (the Welcome one) into this one (the Hello World one), tag it as an Announcement, and remove the one that shows now?

I can't think of any other way to keep the comments. What's odd is that I can't figure out how she got to that page - I guess she went to the archives.

I guess I should have deleted that post when I made the new one.

Thanks again for your help on this. I'll see what I can sort out without trashing the database! Cheers
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:19 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
I'm just looking at that page again, and it says the reply is to the post Hello Zentangle Zealots?? Are they crosslinked somehow?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
no, they are both the same only the titles are different

There is a POST TITLE and then two custom option fields in the 'Atahualpa Post Optioons' section of the post - 'Body Title Single Pages' and 'Body Title Multi Post Pages'. When you first create a post, the POST title is copied into 'Body Title Single Pages' and 'Body Title Multi Post Pages'. These are the feilds that Atahualpa uses to display the post title on a single page or a multi page, so you could have one title for a single page and different title for a multi page. If you go back and change the POST TITLE, it DOES NOT get copied into those two fields. You have to manually copy the change to those fields if you want to use the new title.

This can be a useful tool for some people, but it did cause a lot of confusion and was remved in 3.4.7 but re added in 3.5.1 as an option that defaults to OFF
Old Jun 9, 2010, 05:32 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks for your explanation, very helpful. Some of these things aren't as intuitive as they might be!

It turned out that I did actually have 2 posts - when I clicked on the ARchives category GENERAL, the two showed up. So I did what I proposed earlier, and combined the two into the one that had the comments, and trashed the other one.

I THINK all is well now! Cheers and thanks again so much for your help.