Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

creating 2 separate boxes in header, for logo and nextgen slideshow gallery

Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:56 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
hello,
is it possible to split the header up and have 2 boxes, one with an image (want to add the company logo) and one box for a nextgen slideshow? Alternatively, create a sidebar which runs all the way up to the top of the page and shortening the header? Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2009, 09:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out the ATO->Add New WIDGET AREA' section. Add two widget areas to the header and space them as you want and use one for the logo and one for nextgen.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:32 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks, it worked. Both of the widget areas arent aligned. Any idea why that is? Cheers.
www.bigmamas.com.au
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My guess is you created two separate new areas instead of creating one area with two widget area's in it (confusing I know)

I'm going to guess you setup your header area like this:
HTML Code:
%bar1 <?php bfa_widget_area('name=headerlogo&cells=1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?> <?php bfa_widget_area('name=headerslideshow&cells=1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
when you could have done this
HTML Code:
%bar1 <?php bfa_widget_area('name=header_widgets&cells=2&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
This would give you two widget areas in the same Header_Widget area (wrapped in a <div>...</div>) so they will line up.

If you want to change it, first remove the widgets from the current widget areas, then delete the widget areas, then add the new widget area, then add the widgets back in.

This is to make sure you don't leave orphaned info in the database.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:54 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
thanks, it worked. the slideshow is aligned to the right though. how do you make it next to the logo? many thanks for the help.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 05:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to look at the options for the new widget areas. You can define a width and alignment for each one you define.

If you don't define a width, then the space is evenly divided between the widget areas you define. So if there are two widget areas, each will get 50% of the space, if there are 4, each will get 25%.

you use 'width_N=xxx' where 'N is the widget area number (1,2,3) and 'xxx' is the number of px you want. In your case, since the first image is 250px, you could specify it and let th other area get the rest. so use
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=header_widget_area&cells=2&width_1=250&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:25 PM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
thanks. it has worked. the slideshow gallery in the second widget area needs to be aligned closer to the logo in the 1st widget area, and aligned with the text box at the bottom of it. do i need to define a width for the 2nd widget area? how should i go about it? cheers
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:34 AM
dyuane

6 posts · Jan 2010
I am not a programmer. So thanks for the great info. I wanting 3 widget areas in my header. I am able to use the above instructions and get the 3 widget areas. I am even able to get the first widget area with the correct width. I need to get widget area 2 to change the size on it and then let the rest go to the third area. Any help would be great. I would send you the url but I testing this locally on my pc.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
just assign a width to area 2 add '&width_2=350' to your definition