Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Widget Problems Sidebar

Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:20 PM
Addlink

10 posts · Feb 2011
I am using WP 3.0.4 and Atahualpa 3.4.9.

I have very strange issues with the sidebars. When I update the code in TEXT HTML to paste in an affiliate code with java script, somehow the affiliate link gets altered, and the ads don't appear. Why is that? I am posting Linkshare Easy Links for dynamic updates. When viewing the sidebar in the browser, I see only "grab an ad" and the affiliate ID is different from what the code is, and there are no ads in the sidebar. Also, when I make changes to my widgets, it doesn't update all my posts. I have carefully set the right sidebar for the pages to display on, yet it doesn't display. Why is this so goofy?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 01:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Where are you putting the 'TEXT HTML' in a widget? which one
Old Feb 8, 2011, 04:09 PM
Addlink

10 posts · Feb 2011
Hi,
The Widget is 'TEXT'
(Arbitrary text or HTML)
and the code was pasted inside the code window.
The code is a java script for an affiliate ID, but the affiliate ID (once pasted and saved) does not match the link when mousing over in the browser. ?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 07:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
And what is the URL? A picture or peek at the site, can be worth a thousand words
Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:26 AM
Addlink

10 posts · Feb 2011
Thank you. Because I have so much trouble with a mysterious URL link coming up unrelated to the actual affiliate ID link code, I have had to remove all dynamic links from all my sites for Linkshare's advertisers. So, there's nothing to see now.
However, the site I'm having Atahualpa Theme issues with (ver 3.6.1) is: http://www.fauxboot.com
Thanks again.