Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Site not showing up

Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:00 AM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
I moved my site to a new server yesterday. After moving it two things happened.

If I have the Athaualpa (latest) installed the homepage shows up but the Admin gives a 500 error
If I Remove Athaualpa the Admin shows up but the site does not.

Anyone have an idea as to why?

Thanks all for the help. Here is the site but it does not matter since it's not showing up. www.stmatthewsrandolph.org

Nick
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you change the dns to point to the new location?
if you changed the folder name, did you change it in the wordpress url - you may have to edit the wp-options table to do this
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
did you change the dns to point to the new location? YEP

if you changed the folder name, did you change it in the wordpress url - you may have to edit the wp-options table to do this - YEP, Did this too.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of atahualpa and wp?
Do you have the default theme in the theme folder?

You say you can get to the backend. Try resetting the permalinks to the default
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
I am using WP 3.1 and 3.5.3.

If the theme is installed the site DOES show up, but I cannot log into the back end
If the theme is NOT installed, NO site but I CAN get into the back end.

I'll try resetting the Permalinks. This is really really odd.

Thanks for your help

Nick
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
The default theme seems to work fine but Atahualpa does not. Is there an old config file for Atahualpa that needs to be deleted? www.stmatthewsrandolph.org. Thanks again for anyone with insights. Nick
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This has to be a setting somewhere since it worked before the server switch. I'd need to poke around a bit to tell. If you want me to, send me a PM with an admin id/pw
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks Juggledad, appreciate the help and I sent along another donation. The problem seems to be either a messed up WP install or a DB, not the theme. I need to work from there.

Thanks again for your help!

Nick
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:21 AM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
I found the problem. I use 1and1 as my host and they require that you put a line in the .htaccess file letting them know you want PHP5. I knew this but totally forgot.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php - if you ever run up against this again.

Everything seems to be OK now but I really appreciate your quick responses and genuine concern.

Thanks,

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
This has to be a setting somewhere since it worked before the server switch. I'd need to poke around a bit to tell. If you want me to, send me a PM with an admin id/pw