Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Comment and RSS post is not working

Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:17 PM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
I got most of the staf working except the RSS comment and post when I click on the RSS the IE7 give this message (This feed contains code errors.
any suggestion?
I am talking about the once on the top right corner.
Thank you
Varkis
Old Apr 5, 2009, 06:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you using Feedburner? Post a URL please
Old Apr 5, 2009, 06:37 PM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
No just what ever come with install,
Old Apr 5, 2009, 06:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See if it works with the "Default" theme

See if disabling plugins helps

It works for me in IE7, with permalinks on
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:59 PM
varkis

6 posts · Apr 2009
under Appearance>Widgets I add RSS when I edit it want this information, what url should I put in?
(Error: could not find an RSS or ATOM feed at that URL.
Enter the RSS feed URL here
thank you
varkis
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Now it sounds as if you mean the RSS widget, that's not the right one to publish your OWN feeds

WP Site Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> RSS widget
URL to put in: A RSS URL of another site, to display its feeds on your site. I.e.
http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&topic=h&output=rss
will display google news on your site

WP Site Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> BFA Subscribe
Feeds of your own site, for visitors to subscribe, will appear in sidebar

Atahualpa Theme Options -> RSS Settings:
Feeds of your own site, for visitors to subscribe, will appear in the header area
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:34 AM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
I have the similar problems at http://heathmcconnell.com/blog/feed/atom/
I have the problem with the RSS as well.

I tried the default theme as you suggested here, but the error is still there. A feed verify tells me it is a syntax error on line one. Not sure where to find the page that has line one I need to edit though.

I had two atahualpa themes in my theme browser at one point and deleted the second one. is this a part of the prob?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you swapped to the default theme and still have a problem, then it has nothing to do with Atahualpa. When I go to your feed I get
Quote:
can’t open the page “feed://heathmcconnell.com/blog/feed/atom/”. The error is: “The feed could not be loaded because the content is not in a known feed format.”
You need to review how you setup your feed.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:40 AM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
if you swapped to the default theme and still have a problem, then it has nothing to do with Atahualpa. When I go to your feed I get You need to review how you setup your feed.
The only thing I ever did was upgrade WP. Do you have a link to info on "setting up your feed"?