Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Date/time problem in Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS

Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:50 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to nikflorida Send a message via Yahoo to nikflorida
I have placed a timestamp in the "byline" field, timestamping posts in the format month day, year at hour:minute am/pm ... no matter how I specify the php format, the timestamp shows a twelve-hour day time only. Also, I'd like to place print and email icons above each post; there doesn't seem to be an effective way to use the p-print and p-email functions in the "kicker" field... suggestions/assistance?

My site is http://nikflorida.org. Thanks! The Atahualpa theme would be be wonderful if I could get it to actually work right!

Peace--
NIK
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What EXACTLY are you placing in the byline option?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:05 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am using the latest updates of both, as far as I know... Atahualpa 3.6.6 and WP 2.9.2...

In the Atahualpa "edit post/pages info items" dialogue, I am entering
Code:
By <a href="mailto: %author-email%">%author%</a> on %date(F j, Y)%
in the "BYLINE: Homepage" field and
Code:
By <a href="mailto: %author-email%">%author%</a> at %date(g:ia #o#n F j, Y)%
in the "BYLINE: Multi-post pages" and "BYLINE: Single-post pages" fields. The email link works fine, but the date format shows "on xx:xx am/pm" (WITH a space)(on the homepage) or "at xx:xx am/pm (on the more specific single-post pages) instead of "on Month DD, YYYY at xx:xxam/pm as I'm indicating it should.

I suspect that the timestamp is being read from the database, formatted and written into a string variable, then that string variable is not being updated. I'm not sure though.

Last edited by nikflorida; Feb 23, 2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: attempting to get code to display highlighted and pre-formatted
Old Feb 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just for the record, I have also tried
Code:
%date(F j Y #a#t g:ia)%
with the same output. It updates the literal characters (like "on" and "at", when preceding the date variable, but doesn't change the date format and ignores the literal characters within the formatting parameters. Help!

Last edited by nikflorida; Feb 23, 2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Feb 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
hrm... I just posted an entry while signed in as "nikflorida" and the byline for the story says "cscholer"... "cscholer is the most recent person whose permissions have been changed from "user" to "contributor", but he definitely didn't write this post, nor was he signed in at all at the time it was posted. The post_author field in the SQL table shows an incorrect ID. (I assume that's his ID...I didn't look)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
I created a new user profile called "nik_florida" and set the role to "editor"... then "nik_florida" (but not administrator "nikflorida") showed up in the author pull-down list on the main post edit page. I'm not sure if that's a theme issue or a WordPress issue... it appears that administrators do not have posting credentials in multi-user implementations. idk... it wasn't a problem until some other folks got their roles changed from "user" to "contributor"... as long as nikflorida was the only sn posting, it worked fine. Hrm.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This issue with the users is not a theme issue. It sounds like your database may be corrupt.
1) do a database backup - even if it is broken- this will save your data as it is today
2) you can try doing a repair of the database
3) if you know SQL, you could do a count on the user table and a count on the user-meta to see what the number of rows are on each. I believe they should match in numbers

This is something that is outside the scope of the forums. If you want more help trying to recover the DB send me a PM and I quote ou my rates.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:43 AM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
I found a suitable workaround for the user role issue... that does not solve (or even address) the theme issue regarding the date format in the byline. It simply does not work. It works in other themes, including the WP default theme, but not in Atahualpa. Can it be fixed, or should I just change to another theme?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok I found the problem and have made a fix for version 3.4.6. Please
1) download the attached file and unzip it
2) rename the existing 'bfa_postinfo.php to 'orig_postinfo.php'
3) upload the new copy to the host
4) give it a whirl
bfa_postinfo.zip
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
okay, I followed those instructions exactly, and saw no difference with existing posts, either on the front page or the single-post pages, even after refreshing them so that I was sure not to be viewing a cached page. It also had no effect on new posts.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Really ?? It worked here and I just downloaded it and tried it again. If I code
HTML Code:
%date('m.d.y')% at %date('H:i:s')%
in the Kicker (any of them) I get
Quote:
02.18.10 at 12:32:50
can you go to dashboard->Appearance->Editor - then select bfa_postpart.php and scroll down till you find the Date & Time code (there ara a bunch of tests for Author then the Date) and make sure it starts like this
HTML Code:
	// Date & Time
	if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%date(') !== FALSE ) {
		while ( strpos($postinfo,'%date(') !== FALSE ) {
the while statement is the new code
Old Feb 27, 2010, 02:44 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
hrm... I don't have a "bfa_postpart.php" file, nor is there one in the current Atahualpa 3.4.6 zip file (I just re-downloaded it to make sure I didn't have a corrupt installation)... there is a "bfa_post_parts.php" file but it doesn't have anything that resembles what you describe. I have a code snippet commented "date & time" in the "bfa_postinfo.php" file, though, and it appears to be correct. I overwrote both the "bfa_post_parts.php" and "bfa_postinfo.php" files (the bfa_postinfo.php file is the new, revised one you recommended) on my server with new, fresh copies just in case, but I still see no change. Further ideas?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
arugh, brain and fingers not working at same time. there is no bfa-postpart.php, it is bfa-post_part.php HOWEVER, the file I means is bfa_postinfo.php - sorry about that.

grap the copy from post #9
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:45 PM
Robsi60

4 posts · Mar 2010
Hello
I have the same problem. Did everything as described. php.postinfo looks like requestet.
Same installation 2.9.2 and 3.4.6. Any Solution yet? Difference its with a German .do and mo.

Thanks!

EDIT: Problem solved for me. I fixed it in the byline.

Last edited by Robsi60; Mar 28, 2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 08:47 AM
everybodylies

17 posts · Oct 2010
Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This fix will be included in version 3.5.4 which should be out shortly