Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Uploading a local modified version of Atahulapa to a server

Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:24 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Hi everybody,

I have modified an Atahualpa theme locally on my computer with MAMP.

However, when I uploaded this local installation of Wordpress to my server with the modified Atahualpa theme, the website doesn't display with the design I've created but pretty much with the default look of Atahualpa.

I've also tried to upload only the modified theme to a server installation of Wordpress but it doesn't work either...

So my question: Is it possible to transfer a locally created design on Atahualpa to a server and keep the settings?

Thanks a lot!

Clément
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The style of the site is within the database so just copying the theme files will have no affect on the look. You need to use ATO>Export/Import settings and export the settings from the site you want to copy. Then import the settings into the new site.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:45 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, how can I do that?
Is ATO a function in the admin of Wordpress?

Thanks a lot,
Clément
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I should have asked what version of Atahualpa you have as the import/export function is only available in later versions. ATO is short for Atahualpa Theme Options.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:06 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.
Is the transfer of the settings supported with this version?

And if not, is there a solution to my problem?

Many thanks,
Clément

Last edited by tootsweet; Sep 10, 2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
No it's not. I would recommend MANUALLY upgrading the two sites to 3.5.3 per these instructions, applying the bug fixes mentioned here, and then transfer the settings.

Both sites have to be at 3.5.3 for the transfer of settings to work.

The instructions mention this but be sure and backup as outlined there.

If you do the manual upgrade you can always switch back to your current version if there are any issues. I leave both versions there for awhile to make sure all images that are part of the theme have been transferred and all is working as it should be.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:33 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Hi Larry,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'll try that asap and will let you know the outcome.

Kind regards,
Clément