Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Logo Area Missing In Internet Explorer.

Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:42 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
As the title suggests.

http://www.lynnandjustin.net

No idea how it happened, though I was playing with Google Friend Connect at the time.

GFC asked for 2 files to be uploaded and code to be placed in a text widget in the sidebar to show the gadget. All looked well in Firefox, but the page was messed up a bit in IE. Upon removing the 2 files and the text widget all returned to normal, expect now the logo area is completely missing in IE, yet everything's fine in Firefox and other browsers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Regards,

Justin.

Last edited by Juslyn; Jul 31, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks fine to me
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:49 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
That's interesting. Well i'm completely stumped now, lol.

I've had a look at it on two different computers, both IE 7 and 8, and the logo area is still nowhere to be seen, just the header image. Everything working beautifully in Firefox as always.

Looked everywhere for a problem but all seems in order. As I said, all 3 elements of GFC were removed and they were the only things that were touched on the site, so i've got no clue whats causing the problem or where to look.

I'll just keep playing with it and see what happens.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
just to be clear, your logo area is the lpurple 'lynn', green 'and' and blue 'justin' etc, correct?

try flushing the browser cache also try disabling any other plugins you have and see if that makes a change
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:10 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
just to be clear, your logo area is the lpurple 'lynn', green 'and' and blue 'justin' etc, correct?
Yep, that's the one.

Quote:
try flushing the browser cache also try disabling any other plugins you have and see if that makes a change
Just flushed the browser cache, restarted, etc (x 2 computers) and also deactivated the Content Gallery but still no luck unfortunately.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:02 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Ok, I ended up just resetting the "Style and Edit Header Area" page, put all the settings back in to place and its all working fine now. Crisis over

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

Cheers.