Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Gallery breaking problem with NextGEN and Atahualpa

Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
acabtp

2 posts · Jul 2009
Hi all, searched on this, but could not find a specific answer. I'm having an issue where sometimes when displaying the a NextGEN gallery, the combination of NextGEN/Atahualpa is causing the images to not break correctly.

Take a look at http://wp.tombeauchamp.com/ and check the third entry, "Riding the Sussex Branch Trail", which includes a gallery with 11 pictures. On very wide browser widths, all 11 images fit on a single row. As the browser window is reduced in width, the images rebreak with the following in each row (I put it in bold when it does it correctly):

2 (aligned incorrectly to the right)

1 (aligned incorrectly to the right)

2 (aligned incorrectly to the right)

Seems to be happening with both FF3 and IE8. The problem does not happen with themes other than Atahualpa.

Thanks,
Tom
Old Jul 8, 2009, 07:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a line of CSS causing the issue it is
HTML Code:
div[class~=post] img { 
	height: auto; /* FF & Safari need auto */
	}	
so try this. Add the following to the CSS insert
HTML Code:
div[class~=post] img { 
	}
I'm not certian it will null out the style, but give it a shot.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:26 AM
acabtp

2 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks. That insert didn't null it out, so I just went into the css.php and commented out the offending section. I don't see it causing any problems in either Firefox or Safari that the "/* FF & Safari need auto */" comment would indicate it might, so looks like it's good to go.

Thanks again!
Tom
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Changed

div[class~=post] img {

to

div.post img[class~=size-full] {

plus limited this and the rule above it (img max-width) to fluid width layouts

for 3.4.1

This should now restrict the auto image resizing to images that were inserted through WP in "full size" mode, in fluid width layouts. Images inserted through plugins like NextGen should not be affected anymore. The weird selector is a hack to hide this rule from IE6