Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Horizontal for whole page - where does it come from?

Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
After removing a few additional widget areas and fixing others, I found my website with a quite big horizontal scrollbar at the bottom which moves the content left/right. I have no idea where this comes from as I have not changed anything about the layout and I am unable to detect the reson with Firebug.

I DO have two header-widget-areas although I deleted them and I do NOT have any code for that in anywhere so they should be gone but they aren't. I have tried everything but those have been around for quite a while (they have been duplicates before I deleted them today but now they are still there, although technically no longer duplicates. Maybe there's been a problem with that? I don't know.

The URL is www.urgeschmack.de - you will see the scrollbar horizontal right away and I would be very thankful if you could help me remove it.

Last edited by Fux; Jun 11, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
OK, I already narrowed it down, it's the new header code with the social icons. I think I can fix that once I find it.

Update: Yes, you should definitely use "position: absolute;" and not "relative" just as the theme suggests...

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For the widget areas you have to remove the code first and then go to the Add New Widget Area section of the theme options and delete the widget areas there as well.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:28 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
That doesn't do it, unfortunately. I've tried that several times. There is no more additional code and still the areas still get displayed in "widgets". Whatever widget I put there will not be displayed on the website but I wonder if the areas nonetheless suck some performance.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What browser? I don't see any scroll bar in Safari on the Mac