Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Alternate Text in the Header Image

Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
ashish

6 posts · Jun 2009
Alternate Text in the Header Image

Hi,

How can I put Alternate Text in the Header Image? It is crucial for SEO. I want to place that on my site
http://www.seoniti.com/

Thank you.
Ashish
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In 3.3.3, edit functions/bfa_header_config.php line 89-95:

// if this is Wordpress and not WPMU, print the logosymbol.gif in the theme folder right away
} else {
$logo_area .= get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/' . $bfa_ata['logo'] . '" alt="' .
get_bloginfo('name');
}

$logo_area .= '"
/></a></td>';

change to

// if this is Wordpress and not WPMU, print the logosymbol.gif in the theme folder right away
} else {
$logo_area .= get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/' . $bfa_ata['logo'] . '" alt="Alternative Title';
}

$logo_area .= '"
/></a></td>';

Currently it is putting the site name get_bloginfo('name') there which seems to be
SEONITI.com in your case
Old Jul 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
ashish

6 posts · Jun 2009
Hello Flynn,

I did that and my site is down. I can't even log into wordpress to correct that.

The error message is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/26/4412926/html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 92

Please help asap.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ashish Kothari
ashukothari@gmail.com
www.seoniti.com
Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:55 PM
ashish

6 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Flynn,

Please ignore my earlier email. After a small mistake, it is working fine now. Thanks!

However, I wanted to put "alt tag" on the "header image" which is just below the logo img. How can that be done?

Thank you in advance.
Ashish
www.SEONITI.com
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The header images are background images. Due to that, alt tags cannot be used there
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:06 AM
ashish

6 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Flynn,
Thanks for the information.
Regards,
Ashish
Old Aug 1, 2009, 08:56 AM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
You can put header content in a div in the header.php file; images, HTML tables, flash, etc - this allows you to do alt tags, etc - you'll have to delete %header in the theme options/header window.

There's code covered here in the forum to select header content on a page-by-page basis, to, which is really cool (say a flash homepage header and static image on the rest of your site, or images that relate to specific pages).

If you're using rotating images, you'll have to replicate that within your div with flash or code. You can also put a transparent gif or PNG in that space and keep the %image, if you want to do a link or extra code.

I'm primarily a designer and customizing the header has been a huge deal for me.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:43 AM
maguai

18 posts · Jul 2009
Would this concept work for tagline area and being able to put say the page title in there instead. So that it would be different on every page?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:40 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
I don't know enough PHP to know if that's doable - but it seems possible; the way the custom header functions is code that basically says "if this is the homepage, use XX header content; if it's not the homepage, us ZZ header content." You can also code it to call different CSS based on the wordpress page #. Seems like you should be able to code something for the tagline that says "insert page title here".