Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How Can I do the CSS-Content-Order-Flip for Better SEO in ATA?

Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:10 PM
jimmyjames

2 posts · Jan 2013
I noticed that content early in the code of the page is indexed better and more pervasively than others.

-Which has led to some equally hilarious, atrocious and saddening SEO on this ATA blog and others previous.

*So My Question is This: How can I adjust ATA's settings so that I can put the Center Content Column First in the code of a 3-column page, so that's what Google reads first+most importantly, -with the sidebars code following after,

-In the style of what this guy did here: http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-3-column.htm

*Note: The key problem being that ATA uses tables w/divs inside, instead of All Divs.

Thank You!

--
( PS: I still have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why many, many, many of my posts return as keyworded for the Months of the Year (!), in Google Webmaster Tools, when they're about things like Water Quality, etc.
Title, H1, Url, description, categories, tags, all point to their subject matter; -but the GOOG still decides they've just GOT to be about, "December"
-lulz! I am baffled. )
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In short, you would have to rewrite a bunch of the theme.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:36 PM
jimmyjames

2 posts · Jan 2013
@JuggleDad:
Thanks for the _Very_ Fast Reply!!!

-So, basically my sidebar & center content is in the DIVs, which are trapped in the TDs, and there is No Way to Re-CSS them Laterally after I'd attempted to put the hottest content highest in the page-code?

Am I right in guessing by what you said, that I'd have to go into the ATA Theme Templates, remove all the TABLE bits and then apply MatthewJamesTaylor's trick to what remains?

-If that's true (?), then the only Easy way to get the hottest content earliest in page-code, without all that surgery, is to switch to a 3-Col: Content-Side-Side config?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have no idea if you can re-work the theme to what you want. What I said is if you want to do what the other post suggests, you will have to modify theme code.

Frankly I don't worry about SEO other than creating original fresh content. The rules for SEO change on a continuious basis so what may game the system today may fail tomorrow. the only known effective SEO rule is 'original fresh content'

p.s. the article you reference is from 2007

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:09 AM.