Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] How to set different icon for each page in top menu?

Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:40 PM
RitaUX

6 posts · Mar 2013
[SOLVED] How to set different icon for each page in top menu?

Hi I'm working on my page and stumble upon some obstacles. Here's the first one:

I want to define an icon from sprite set to each page in my top menu, just the way Ideafart did it:
http://ideafart.com/

Now it looks like this: http://uxjourney.co.uk

I want to set Pacman changing to ghost in 'Bio' page and ghost changing to Pacman in 'Contact' page.

For now I could only managed to set the same for two pages ;/

I've changed it in the CSS menu1:
#menu1 > li > a > i {
display: block;
width: 24px;
height: 24px;
margin: 0 auto 5px auto;
background: transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) 0 -1728px no-repeat;
}

#menu1 > li:hover > a > i {
background: transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) -24px -1752px no-repeat;
}

I tried doing it that way by pasting these below, but it didn't work at all (no icons):

#menu1 .bio > a > i { background-position: 0px -1752px; }
#menu1 .contact > a > i { background-position: 0px -1728px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .bio:hover > a > i, #menu1 .bio.active > a > i { background-position: -24 -1728px; }
#menu1 .contact:hover > a > i, #menu1 .contact.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1752px; }

Could you please help me with this?

Last edited by RitaUX; Mar 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 01:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Where did .bio and .contact come from? That doesn't look right to me.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 01:35 PM
RitaUX

6 posts · Mar 2013
.Bio and .contact are my pages. I found these names in the CSS setting instruction for 'using menu icons'.

But as I wrote I tried pasting it (style for .bio and .contact), but the icons have disappeard, so I removed it from CSS and changed only these lines:

background: transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) 0 -1728px no-repeat;
}

#menu1 > li:hover > a > i {
background: transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) -24px -1752px no-repeat;
}

But as you can see this applies to both icons and I want to set different style for each icon.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 02:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The background lines should only be in the css once for regular state and once for the hover state. Then you change the second number in the using css menu icons section where you want and then copy the code and page int the menus_menu1.css replacing the code that is there.

I am not clear on what you are doing.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the url you provided gets a 'Server not found' error

what are your permalinks set to?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:46 AM
RitaUX

6 posts · Mar 2013
Hi, I've edited my first post, there was a misspell in the address.

Last edited by RitaUX; Mar 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM.