Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Feedburner form in widget acts like a link - Why?

Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:13 PM
austin3959

3 posts · Jan 2010
Hello,

I added a text/html widget to my right side bar to add a subscribe by email form for my feedburner.google.com feed. The html code came straight from the feedburner website. For whatever reason, the text describing the form is showing up on the sidebar as a link. The biggest problem, however, is that clicking in the form automatically goes to my RSS/email signup page. If I wanted this, I would just put a link in the sidebar. The form actually lets you type, but it almost immediately loads the other page. I have compared my code with source code from another site with a properly working email subscription form, and the only difference I found was that he was using the old feedburner url and feed naming system (he obviously created his feed before google changed the domain).

I really think this is a glitch on my end, and not in the widget html. Anythoughts?

BTW: www.strengthandhope.com is my url

- Austin
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried the 'BFA Subscribe' widget?

also you have some CSS being inserted at the top of the center column. this is what shows up in the source of the page
HTML Code:
<ul.rMenu li a:link, 
ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
ul.rMenu li a:active {
padding: 10px 15px 10px 15px;
}>
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:24 PM
austin3959

3 posts · Jan 2010
I'll checkout the BFA subscribe widget. The code you mentioned was left over from a time when I was trying to do some stuff with the menubar (I was unfamiliar with the "insert CSS/HTML code" option at that time. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have removed it.

Say, you wouldn't know anything about facebook connect would you? I am having some problems getting it to work correctly through the Disqus commenting system. I think the problem is on my end (not Disqus or facebook). I left a post here about it, but no responses yet: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5513