Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Editing theme functions.php file

Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:56 PM
azazure

25 posts · Jan 2011
Gilbert, AZ
I am having problems editing the Atahualpa theme functions file to recognize anything. In the example below I'm trying to replace the dashboard logo and nothing happens. No matter what function I put in here nothing ever happens. I've tried putting my code inside the main php body as well as creating a new php area as seen here. I've spent hours on this and can't figure it out. Thank you.

<?php

// Replace dashboard logo
add_action('admin_head', 'my_custom_logo');

function my_custom_logo() {
echo '
<style type="text/css">
#header-logo { background-image: url('.get_bloginfo('template_directory').'/images/32x32_Wings.png) !important; }
</style>
';
}

?>
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why are you doing that? Why not use the ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image? option.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:57 AM
azazure

25 posts · Jan 2011
Gilbert, AZ
That location in the ATO is for the logo on the home page. The logo I'm trying to replace is the WordPress "W" on the user profile page. I found this code snippet doing a search and made sure it was to be placed in the Theme's functions file and not in the WP functions file. I really appreciate your help and I love this theme.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
?? when you say 'logo I'm trying to replace is the WordPress "W"' do you mean on the logon page or in the backend in the dashboard->User->Your profile?

Neithor are part of the theme
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:57 AM
azazure

25 posts · Jan 2011
Gilbert, AZ
The dashboard user profile located at http://iaftp.org/wp-admin/profile.php
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
azazure

25 posts · Jan 2011
Gilbert, AZ
I FINALLY figured out why I was having problems with the above code for the theme functions.php file. Using "//" before the comments was not allowing the code to be read for some reason. Since I like to document everything, I found that using /* and */ on the comments allowed everything to work perfectly. Thanks juggledad, sorry to bother you with this.