Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] My theme just went completely weird and lost all the formatting ive done to

Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Hi all,

Ok. I was just working on my theme and changing a few things around, nothing major, just come colours and fonts and when I refreshed the page it went completely weird on me,.....lost ALL the formatting I have spent the past 2 weeks on and everything went out of sync and all over the page, the picture changed, the pages and sidebar changed.....its all gone mad?

What can I do to get it back and WHAT has just happened to it???
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try switching to the default theme and then back to the atahualpa theme. Your settings are stored in the wp-options table. The only way you can loose all the formating is if you press the grey 'Reset ALL Theme Options' button

What version are you running?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:08 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
I am running 3.4...ok so now I am unable to log in as I switched to an old backup theme to see if if that was up the wall too and it comes up with this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONCAT_EQUAL in /home/cwicsol/public_html/ya_test/wp-content/themes/atahualpa-backup/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 100

and now I am unable to even log in to switch back to my proper theme?

I def didnt hit the reset all button as some of the settings are still there but 75% of them switched back to like it was when I first started on it 3 weeks ago?

By the way - I PM'd flynn earlier as I donated to you guys for your help ....my user name is weedusmaximus@hotmail.com on paypal and it was $20....
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you for the donation.

is that 3.4.01 3.4.1 or 3.4.2?
You could delete the theme folder, and log back in. Wordpress will switch you to the default theme (if it is still in the themes folder). You can then add the theme back in to switch to it.

You say you can't login? Are you saying if you type http://yourblog.com/wordpress/wp-admin - you don't get the backend, you get the error you mentioned?

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 28, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Actually you know I think it maybe 3.2 but I cant now get in to check it again?!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:20 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry Flynn it was either 3.4 or 3.2 (I am certain it just used to say 3.4 at the top of the page?)
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
(ummm, I'm not Flynn, I'm juggledad)

You say you can't login? Are you saying if you type http://yourblog.com/wordpress/wp-admin - you don't get the backend, you get the error you mentioned?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:33 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry - I was reading my message to Flynn right before I messaged you!!

Yes thats right - I dont get anything at all apart from the error message I mentioned???

So...my first problem is logging back in to my account and getting back to my theme....then my second is getting back all my settings!!!

When I hit up http://cwic-solutions.co.uk/ya_test/wp-admin/ all I get is that error message?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:37 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
I actually cant even log in to my wordpress account now either so I am completely stuck!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try accessing your site with FTP. Go to the wp-contents folder. Rename 'plugins' to 'oldplugins' and create a empty folder called 'plugins'

Next go to the themes folder, see if the 'default' theme is there. If so, delete the Atahualpa folder, If not, download anothere copy of Wordpress, uncompress it, locate the default theme and uploaded it to the themes directory.

Then try to get in again - Atahualpa will be out of the picture (other than your style changes in the wp-options table, but since they are not used by the default theme, they won't matter)
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:04 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for this but I am really not sure of what I am doing well enough to do all of that .....I am too scared I will make it worse?

Is there anyway I can change the theme back to my original atahualpha rather than the atahualpha backup using FTP? As if I can do this the error will go away as it is the backup with the error message?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
I renamed the backup theme to backup2 so I can now log back in again and all is ok on that side....BUT the issue with the loss of formatting is still there?

Can you take a look at:

http://cwic-solutions.co.uk/ya_test/

and tell me why it has all changed? The page content is still the same, but all of the background colours, widgets, page bar etc have all changed...they lost all their colour, changed fonts etc?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:46 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Its 3.4.01 I use by the way...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It is looking ok just now when a minute ago it was messed up, what did you do?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:04 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Well, to get rid of the error message I changed the backup name to backup2 in the FTP then managed to log back in and change back to the standard template I was using earlier which is fine now....BUt the layout is still all out of sync:

The top pages bar has gone from being horizontal to Vertical and I cant change them back?
The pages bar used to have a bar around it with a background
The widgets list has changed and has the bullets back and is all out of sync
The footer details have left aligned and changed font
I cant change the size of the header image - it doesnt adjust?

This wasnt all like this before...so how can it just change when I simply just refreshed my page?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:12 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
Ah ha I solved it!!!! I had put a random commer in the Horiziontal Bar 2 styling insert...

Wow....one little commar messed up my entire theme!!

Thanks for your help tho Juggledad!!!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There are too many variables for me to be able to tell you why this issue occurred. If you can't tell me exactly what you did for the half hour before the problem - down to the exact keystroke, there is no way anyone could tell you. Even then anyone undertaking it would end up charging you an arm and a leg.

In addition, I see a horizontal menubar, footer that is centered, the only widget is on the left sidebar and is the pages widget, no bullets.

Have you cleared your browser cache?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:33 PM
norwichkaren

56 posts · Jul 2009
How bizarre....no, I havent....sorry to sound dumb but how do I do this?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's different with each browser. In Safari on the Mac it's under the 'Safari' tab called 'Reset Browser'