Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Adding code for ads or other sites (newbie when it comes to code issues!)

Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:52 PM
gardentravelbuzz

10 posts · Feb 2010
I haven't found this question in the forum so here goes: A tech person from my web host had to help configure my header image by going into my Cpanel. I had no luck working on it myself as it apparently had to be done through the host, and not by configuring the theme or by my connecting somehow with WP.

Now that I have the basic blog/web site up and running, I've hit a wall and don't know which aspects of Atahaulpa that I should be able to configure directly or if they're Wordpress issues like the header that for some reason must go through my web host into my Cpanel.

I'm ready to monetize, but can't figure out how to use the widgets,
or even where to put code for a web site directory that tracks stats. I tried pasting code for google analytics into my editor and it didn't work - thought I put it in the correct place.

Is it necessary to edit the code in the editor, for instance, to make connections with advertisers?
And if so, I can't figure out how the widgets work.
Sorry to be so dense! I know there are various issues raised here.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
If you want to add Google Analytics code, search for a Plugin that can help you with that. If you want to add banners, there are plugins that help you with that too. Plugins make things sooo much easier! I use "All in One Adsense and YPN" to put Google Adsense on my sites.

That way you're not messing with code when you don't have to.

Warmly,

Velma
Old Mar 4, 2010, 05:15 PM
gardentravelbuzz

10 posts · Feb 2010
How about placing code from a site that says you must show a button or something like that in order for them to list your site?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3845 and you may want to pick up 'WordPress for Dummies' or go thru some basic wordpress tutorials so you have a feel for it. Walk before you tru to run.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:18 AM
gardentravelbuzz

10 posts · Feb 2010
Yes, I have a copy here as of last night. Main problem I realize is that everything has to be downloaded onto my server host through their Cpanel and it's a long series of steps that make no sense to me.
Question: Can I bypass my web host - download to my desktop, then upload to Wordpress?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you are talking about a plugin, you should be able to do that in the plugin options of WordPress (as long as your host allows it) see Dashboard->plugins->add new
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:42 AM
amejohns

I have searched for banner plugins, please can anyone tell me the best one's? So I can place affiliate banners on my WordPress site? Does anyone know? I've spent so much time on this it's crazy!! Any help is much appreciated.

Or if I"m at the wrong thread for this question, can you please direct me.

Thank you,

Amelia
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
'Best one' is a subjective description. My definition of 'Best banner plugin' is the one that shows NO content. I can't stand them.

Do a google search and then try a bunch and decide which one is 'best' for your situation.