Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

H1, H2, H3 Text Question

Old Jul 22, 2009, 01:19 PM
dilly

7 posts · Apr 2009
Hi,

I love the theme and how customizable it is. I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't know how. Is there a way to make the H1, H2... text display smaller? It seems like a lot of giant text if you use post title's and H1, H2, H3 tags like you are supposed to.

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can add a CSS insert, these are the default settings:

h1 {font-size: 2.15em; font-weight: bold;}
h2 {font-size: 1.85em; font-weight: bold;}
h3 {font-size: 1.6em; font-weight: bold; }
h4 {font-size: 1.4em;}
h5 {font-size: 1.2em;}
h6 {font-size: 1em;}

To style specific H headings

div.widget-title h3 {
}

div.post-headline h1,
div.post-headline h2 {
}
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Where can I find which headings (h1, h2, etc.) are used where in the theme? I end up guessing, which takes a lot of time and is confusing. I don't see them in style.css.

I'd like a general answer, but while I'm here I'll mention that I'm trying to change the size and color of my "Latest posts" heading in the Recent Posts widget and size and color of my "Leave a comment" heading in the comments area.

Thank you for your help.
Doug
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the easy way to find out would be to look at your page. View the page, then view the source. Copy it, put it in a text editor then search for '<h1>' and '<h2>' and you will see all the places they are used.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Fair enough, though it doesn't make it as easy or comprehensive as I'd like.

I got:
h1=post title (on single post pages)
h2=post title (on homepage)
h3=Recent post (widget) and Leave a comment
h4, h5, and h6=nothing used

For my specific question I realized I should just add CSS for h3.

And I also realized I don't want a heading for post subtitles--I should be using the WP html toolbar button for bold/strong.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well you wanted a general answer. Not everything on the page is created by Atahualpa. You could add a plugin that makes every <h4> into an <h1> - Atahualpa doesn't know about that. You can code an H1 into a post, or add it to a text widget - they are not part of Atahualpa. Each site could have different occurances. By viewing the page you can see YOUR occurances. Hope this helps.