Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Error occured relating to taxonomy

Old May 4, 2010, 08:23 AM
cgilber1

5 posts · May 2010
Hello,

I was adjusting the permalinks structure for my website, www.podcastfilmreview.com, and came across this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_object_in_taxonomy() in /home3/podcast6/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 610

I dug around the internet looking for solutions but am unable to find one. The error occurs when trying to click the "edit button" on the the wordpress dashboard.

I'm hoping someone has a direction I can go in for solving this. Thanks.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Wordpress are you using. I just looked and there is no 'is_object_in_taxonomy()' on line 610 of template.php in WP 2.9.2 - do you have a customized version?
Old May 5, 2010, 07:31 AM
cgilber1

5 posts · May 2010
I'm using version 3.0. Regarding whether or not it is customized, I don't think so. If I ever did customize it, it wasn't on purpose.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
does this error occur if you switch to the default theme?
does it occur if you deactivate all plugins?

the function does show up in WP 3.0 /wp-includes/taxonomy.php line 265
Old May 5, 2010, 09:05 AM
cgilber1

5 posts · May 2010
Thanks for the response. I updated my Wordpress from to the latest version and now I'm unable to access anything.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in /home3/podcast6/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 270

I'm unable to access my dashboard to see if any of your recommendations helped. \

The code reads as follows

270:$
wp_rewrite->add_rewrite_tag("%$taxonomy%", '([^/]+)', $args['query_var'] ? "{$args['query_var']}=" : "taxonomy=$taxonomy&term=");

Thanks again.
Old May 5, 2010, 09:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
updated my Wordpress from to the latest version
ou have confused me. do you mean you went to a newer beta release of 3.0? the latest is 3.0, beta 1 what are you using??

Remember this is BETA and you can expect bugs and you should report them to WordPress
Old May 6, 2010, 06:53 AM
cgilber1

5 posts · May 2010
Thanks for all the advice.

www.podcastfilmreview.com is now down and I cannot access the dashboard. I think the original problem relates to playing around with the perma structure.

I'll try to roll back my version or something like that.

I'll see if I can fix the problem through my ftp or Cpanel. Thanks for all the help though.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there must be a log that is showing an error if you can't even get to the back end. knowing what was showing up would help.

You should also remove all themes but the default and all plugins from the plugin folder and that should at least eliminate that issue,

If you want, I can dig into the db and give you the sql to change it back to the default permalinks
Old May 6, 2010, 12:02 PM
cgilber1

5 posts · May 2010

PHP error_log:

/home3/podcast6/public_html/error_log: [06-May-2010 08:00:39] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in /home3/podcast6/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 270

Line 270 says: $wp_rewrite->add_rewrite_tag("%$taxonomy%", '([^/]+)', $args['query_var'] ? "{$args['query_var']}=" : "taxonomy=$taxonomy&term=");
$wp_rewrite->add_permastruct($taxonomy, "{$args['rewrite']['slug']}/%$taxonomy%", $args['rewrite']['with_front']);

I don't know enough about code to understand incidentals.
Old May 6, 2010, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go in with FTP and rename your plugin folder to pluginx and then create a new plugin folder and see what happens. There is a report of this on wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/391664) being caused by the 'Lifestream' plugin.

someone else reports it in http://wordpress.org/support/topic/395880
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:24 PM
macstar

1 posts · Jun 2010
.... haha... VERY GOOD! It realy worked my friend!!!!! YES !!!! Just an insignificant 'x' at the end of my plugin folder name and ZAPPPP ... BACK ONLINE !!!!

I signed up in your forum just to say THANKS !!!!!!!!

For all of those who are having the same problem as I had:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in /blablabla/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line ...

Well, this is the most simple, immediate and totaly efficient 'ABC' solution ... !!!! LOL
I never stopped to think about it... I went streight on replacing files and trying to 'configure' them..!

CONGRATULATIONS ! I spent over 10 hours searching for fix and you came up with the best and simplest way to solve the matter. I realy thank you and would like to say to all (like me) that thinks knowing 'all about it'... well.... STOP - TURN OFF YOUR PC - THINK ABOUT THE MATTER - EVEN SLEEP AND THEN TURN IT ON....... you'll see the answere it's right in front of you...

HEY... THANKS AGAIN ... A LOT !!! but let me go and finish up my work !!!!

Best regards,

JOHN
Sao Paulo - BRAZIL