Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Modifying horizontal rule

Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
On my website at http://www.cornetsdegroot.com, I would like to change the color of the <hr> below the breadcrumb to black; it is #cccccc (gray) now. I would also like to add more space above and below the <hr>. Can anyone please tell me where should I do this?
Many thanks,
Rutger
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
look at the source of the page and identify the HTML elements. With that you can construce a CSS Selector and set of rules(styles) that you put in teh CSS Inserts area
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:17 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Yes, that is the way to go about it but I can't figure out where the HR originates. I even installed Firebug and still I'm unsure. Worst thing is, I think I put it there myself... But where is there?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ok, this is created by a plugin. If you look at the generated page you see
HTML Code:
<div class="breadcrumb">
<!-- Breadcrumb NavXT 3.4.1 -->
De open ruimte</div>
		<hr>
<div class="post-3 page hentry category-geen-categorie post" id="post-3">
so it looks like the <hr> is tossed out ther outside the breadcrumb <div>
you can apply CSS to the breadcrum using '.breadcrumb' and since the <hr> is the only occurance on the page you could code a CSS Selector or it as
HTML Code:
hr {.....}
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:07 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Thanks again juggledad, you're a great help! All pointers you have given me have been spot-on and accurate. I'm becoming increasingly excited about WP and the support I've received so far!