Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Changing next/previous blog from blog titles

Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:49 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
Changing next/previous blog from blog titles

Hi, I was just wondering how I change the 'next/previous' function in the theme so it doesn't display the name of the titles of the blog but instead just simply next/previous or newer/older?

Also I was curious if it was possible to change the little animated 'home' icon from the icon to the word 'home'.

ALSO (sorry about this) if I could change the search bar so that the magnifying glass was clickable for searches and also display inside the search bar the word 'search'.

I think I may be going overboard on usability.

Thanks for any help in advance. I absolutely love this theme and it's been interesting for me to learn bits and bobs of editing templates. Something that is happening quite slowly.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is some code in the "Limited PHP code" section you can use to change the next previous wording.

Tho change the animated icon would require making your own CSS sprite image in photoshop as outlined in the "Using Menu icons" section.

To have a clickable magnifier would require code changes to the widget or perhaps there is a plugin that has that feature.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:05 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks for replying!

I don't know if I'm just being dumb but I can't see the limited php. Where is it?

I wasn't clear before. I don't want the animation on the 'home' icon, just the word. Does that still mean making my own sprite?

I shall have a look around at plugins.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:00 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you are in the editor for the virtual page templates at the top right there is a Limited PHP code dropdown.

I'm not sure how you would animate the menu title.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I wasn't clear before. I don't want the animation on the 'home' icon, just the word. Does that still mean making my own sprite?
to get rid of the images - in the theme options, mtz->CSS Files->menus_menu1.css - remove the following code
HTML Code:
/* The <i> tag are inserted with Javascript.
The <i> tags allows adding background images from a "sprite" image = 
background-image with  */
#menu1 > li > a > i { 
	display:					block;
	width: 					24px;
	height: 					24px;
	margin: 					0 auto 5px auto;
	background: 			transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) 0 0 no-repeat; 
}

#menu1 > li:hover > a > i { 
	background: 			transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) -24px 0 no-repeat; 
}