Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

weird problem with the header

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:05 PM
wonderllama

3 posts · Mar 2009
For some reason, a ">" randomly appears at the very top of my page, above even the header. Any idea how i can find it and get rid of it? The page is http://impeachpelosi.com/?page_id=98
Old Mar 31, 2009, 01:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
A bug, I am releasing 3.3.2 in an hour.

If you have installed 3.3.1, you don't need to update

Find in header.php, line 823:

PHP Code:
<body<?php bodyclasses(); ?><?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top'] != "" 
apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top']) : ''); ?>>
and replace with:

PHP Code:
<body<?php bodyclasses(); ?><?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag'] != "" 
' ' apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag']) : ''); ?>>
<?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top'] != "" 
apply_filters(widget_text$bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top']) : ''); ?>
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:17 PM
wonderllama

3 posts · Mar 2009
I'm still running 3.1.9 and I'd prefer not to update if I don't have to... is there a way to fix it without updating?

Thanks Flynn!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In 3.1.9 you shouldn't have this specific problem described in this thread.

Seems like you've put a
HTML Code:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
into the wrong field at HTML/CSS Inserts

Should be the field HTML Inserts: Body Top instead of HTML Inserts: Body Tag
Old Mar 31, 2009, 02:34 PM
wonderllama

3 posts · Mar 2009
wow, i'm an idiot. thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 04:39 PM
Tim McNabb

2 posts · Mar 2009
I got the following when applying your patch code:
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bodyclasses() in /home/tmcnabb1/public_html/TimMcNabb_com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 871
I am probably an idiot too.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You probably applied the patch to a Atahualpa version older than 3.3

3.3: function "bodyclasses" introduced, but also error in header.php introduced
3.3.2: error of 3.3 fixed

If you have a version older than 3.3 you should neither have bodyclasses nor the error that came with it.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 09:44 PM
Tim McNabb

2 posts · Mar 2009
...Told you I was an idiot. I'm on 3.2 - I'll look at your feature list and see if 3.3.2 is for me. I really like the automatic updating on previous versions, by the way. I am using your theme as a default for my new web projects. Look for periodic donations!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Making the updates totally painless is probably the most important feature that I hopefully will be able to implement soon. One step will be to add "hooks" so all manual theme file edits will be in a single file such as "custom-functions.php" instead of being spread over dozens of theme files.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:58 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
For those who applied the 3.3.1-->3.3.2 patch manually, edit functions.php and replace

PHP Code:
$theme_version "3.3.1"
with

PHP Code:
$theme_version "3.3.2"
This will get rid of the reminder to check out version 3.3.2 in Atahulapa's Settings page.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:16 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Wow, I installed 3.3.1 yesterday. Today I updated the header.php file as directed in this thread. Then I edited the functions php file as mentioned and the entire site crashed.

When I went back to the dashboard, the functions.php file is completely empty. And I can't get the old (yesterday's) version to upload over it. I even tried deleting the file but I still get a failure to upload.

Thank goodness I kept the older theme version and was able to revert to that!! Think I'll stick to the older version for a while until this all settles down.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:40 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Apologies, false alarm. I'd just run a site backup and the zipped file pushed my site over its space limit so the edited files got trashed. Everything seems to be okay now that I deleted the zipped backup. I was able to upload the files and all is back to normal again. Whew ...
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:18 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
Um.... I just downloaded header.php... how come I'm not finding that text in here? I'm using textpad and I don't see it.

Not even at the line number you specified.

-Pat
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:30 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo Pat
Um.... I just downloaded header.php... how come I'm not finding that text in here? I'm using textpad and I don't see it.

Not even at the line number you specified.

-Pat
Which version of the theme did you download and install?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
currye

3 posts · Apr 2009
I added this change to my header.php, now I have a blank page except for this <body

I added the code back the way it was and I still cannot make my site come back up.
site: bestvarietyshop.com/bodg I am thinking I didn't need the patch because I just downloaded and started my site on the
4/24/2009 but I keep seeing that a upgrade in the admin,

Last edited by currye; Apr 28, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Don't mix and match theme files between different versions, the theme is still being changed a lot between one version and the next