Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to change Author name in Media Library?

Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
corelle

15 posts · Aug 2010
In WP Dashboard-Media Library, there's a list of all the photos you've upload and the name of the author (admin). Can I change the name of the author?

The reason I want to do this is because when I click a photo in a post, it first goes to another page that has the name of the photo file, and underneath it says "By admin". I want it to show either the name of the Editor, or simply delete the name altogether.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is not a theme issue, this falls under WordPress and you m,ay want to ask at http:wordpress.org

That said you may want to search for a plugin that will do that. the only way I can think of is to go in and edit rows in the database...a dangerous thing if you don't know what you are doing.

p.s. when was the last time you backed up your database?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:06 AM
corelle

15 posts · Aug 2010
Ok, I have solved the problem. I just have to change the info in ATO-EDIT POST/PAGE INFO ITEM "BYLINE: Single Post Pages", that's what I meant. The photo page I was referring to is considered a Single Post Page. Although, if I change the Single Post Pages info, ALL single posts change as well, whether it's a photo page or an actual post page. But I guess that's a compromise I'll have to make.

I do backup my database regularly, btw.