Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Problem with double jquery library calls / "Shopp" plugin

Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
First, I have to say that I only partially understand what's happening with "jquery library calls".

1) Apparently Atahualpa, in its header.php file "calls" ("loads"?) a jquery library -- something to do with being able to execute javascript.

2) I was having some un-related trouble and the admin/inhouse support folks at the Gravity Forms plugin discovered that the Shopp plugin, that I also have activated on the site, was, in its header.php, ALSO calling a jquery library (a different "version" of the library than ATA was calling).

3) I did some searching around here in the ATA Forum and found a few instances where people were having "jquery library" issues.

4) Would it be possible to have the option to have ATA NOT make the jquery call? Can anyone (Flynn??) explain what's happening with the pros and cons of different solutions ...if solutions ARE necessary.

my test site is: http://www.shepherdjim.com/

I remain happilly ignorant, Jim
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There should be no hardcoded jQuery call anymore in the header.php of 3.4.4. Instead there is a dynamic call which should avoid double jQuery loading:

<?php wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' ); ?>

If you have an older version you can simply delete the line in header.php that statically calls jQuery, if one of your plugins loads (a newer version of) jQuery anyway:

<script type='text/javascript' src='<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.2.6'></script>
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:02 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Thanks Flynn!

I should have trusted you to have solved a problem even before I discovered the problem.

I've updated from 3.4.2 to Atahualpa 3.4.4 and all is well!

Jim