Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to move the search box to show up in header area overlaying the image?

Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:19 PM
grady55

1 posts · Aug 2011
Hello, I am trying to move the searchbox so it overlays the header image. In the "Configure Header Area" I just have "%image %pages" now, I guess I have to add "%logo" as well and somehow change the position of the search box? Is there a way to create a custom search box including a search button as well? I want it to appear in the lower right corner of the header area (image).

I have Atahualpa version 3.6.x of the theme, so I cant insert any PHP via the GUI.

Thanks for the help :-)

Last edited by grady55; Nov 7, 2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 02:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a thread in the Gold Forum Tutorials (HOWTO: float the search box and RSS icons over the header image.) that explains how to do this

The gold forums are available to members who have donated $20 or more
Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:29 PM
JaneFancher

16 posts · Nov 2011
I have one for you on this issue, since I just tried (unsuccessfully) to follow the link. I just donated $20 (for the second time) and I still can't get on the gold forum. What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 04:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you PM me with the payment ID I will take a look.