Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Older Posts link on front/main page?

Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:56 PM
kristal

32 posts · Feb 2010
Most blogs I visit have an "older posts" link at the bottom of the main page (under the last post it shows)... how can I add that to the Atahualpa theme? When reading blogs that I am new to, I like to start on the main page, then click on the older posts link to continue reading; without having to go to the archives.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you mean a navbar so you can go to the previous page? ie if the main page shows 5 posts and you want to now read the previous 5 posts? That is built in.

If you mean something different, please elaborate
Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:48 AM
kristal

32 posts · Feb 2010
Yeah, I guess that's what I mean... but my blog doesn't show any links at the bottom. How do I get it there? In the Atahualpa theme options, I looked under Next/Previous Navigation, but it doesn't have any options for the home page.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the nav bar won't show up until there are more posts than you specify on a page at dashboard->settings->reading
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:52 AM
kristal

32 posts · Feb 2010
Oooooh Duh! lol I have been playing around with the settings and design on a test blog; but haven't switched it to my real blog yet. That would explain it! Thanks!