Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Opacity issue between center column and right sidebar

Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:32 PM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
Hi there,

I have opacity settings in place so the background shows through on both the sidebar and the center column, but no opacity between them. Where should I be looking to correct this, please?

This is one of the pages in question:
http://stage.thorntonwilder.com/dram...lays/our-town/

Opacity in the center is done this way:
ATA -> Style & edit center column:
filter: alpha(opacity=90);
opacity: 0.9;

and opacity in the right sidebar is handled with a div for the widget:
ATA -> Add HTML/CSS Inserts:
.frame {
background:rgb(255,255,255);
background: transparent\9;
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.9);
filterrogid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr=#e5ffffff,endColorstr=#e5ffffff);
zoom: 1;
}
.frame:nth-child(n) {
filter: none;
}

But I do need continuity between the two, and not what's there now (clear "bleed-through" of background.

Many Thanks for any help!! And yes, I will contribute to the coffers!
morgana123
Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have a background image on the right sidebar
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:45 AM
morgana123

48 posts · Jun 2010
True, but it was transparent for the most part. It was the removal of the padding that did it. You did prompt me to return to looking at ATA -> Style & config sidebars, which is of course where i needed to check. Thanks muchly!