Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

getting static homepage to display posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:21 PM
thynne.j1

7 posts · Feb 2013
getting static homepage to display posts

Hi,

I have a static homepage with a customer template but I would like to display some dynamic content - most recent 3 news items and most recent featured pages

I have added the BFA_loop code from the index.php file which obviously calls the postformat sub template but this just adds the content that is written on the static page again as I assume it looks at the page as to establish any categories to be displayed

Is it possible to create another sub template (already done this) but have it display posts from a specific category and also specify the number of posts (and any other useful query based stuff such as data ranges etc

thanks!

James