Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Banner doesn't show with IE

Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:17 PM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

The banner of my site doesn't show with IE but it works with Safari and Firefox...
It read all the posts about that problem and tried to see if it would be a MS word problem but I didn't find anything.

http://www.alamodemontreal.com

Please help me !

Thanks a lot

julia
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Have you edited any of the Atahualpa code? or moved the CSS anywhere?
If on 3.4.x what have you got set at ATO->Configure CSS & JS?

the reason I'm asking is I see the CSS inline and also a reference to the css as an external file. This may be because of the version you are on

As to the porblem. How did you create this image. Even though it has a .jpg extension, I think it is a psd or has some info that is identifyng it as a psd and IE doesn't like PSD files. (the PSD extension shows up if you view the image directly then copy onto the desktop of a Mac, valid jpg's show up with a .jpg extension, your image shows as BannerALMM.jpg.psd)

Also, don't double post, you won't get an answer any faster and it may cause you not to get an answer

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 14, 2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:23 AM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you for the quick reply (and sorry for the double post).

I'm using wordpress2.8.4 and Atahualpa 3.4.

I haven't touch the CSS or code.

If I understand your questions right, what I have at ATO->Configure CSS & JS

in the header section:

<meta name="verify-v1" content="Fi3TGymNg/DDwbXdaZd0XwagCev133m5vS6JjMt2a/0=" >

I created the image with Photoshop on a MAC but I just saved the banner on a PC with a .jpeg and still doesn't work.

There's also a widget on the right that stop working at the same time than the banner.

Thanks for your help, julia
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ahh, when you save the image in photoshop, make sure to save it as a jpg.
I wonder if you saved it as a psd but named it a jpg?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You should also upgrade to Atahualpa 3.4.4 (http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=81)
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you for your help, the banner just reappeared !

And yes will definitively download the new version.

Thanks again !