Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Implementing WordPress custom headers via add_theme_support

Old Jan 18, 2014, 04:51 PM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
I have been trying to implement the new WP custom headers function as explained at the link below in order to use one of the various plugins (Unique Headers, Dynamic Headers, etc.) which enable one to put a custom header discreetly on individual page/posts. I have had no luck and I wonder if there is something about Atahaulpa that defeats this function. Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrew

http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Headers
Old Jan 18, 2014, 06:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You MIGHT be able to add the code mentioned using the Code Snippets plugin instead of having to edit the functions.php.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 07:45 PM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
First of all, very sorry: I just re-posted this thread because it hadn't shown up immediately. I didn't realize threads need to be reviewed by moderators before they appear. Is that a new policy, btw?

Second of all: Thanks very much for your response. The thing is, I didn't have any trouble putting the code into functions.php (although, I wonder if I put it in the wrong place) but it doesn't seem to work, although I tried adjusting all the parameters accordingly. I'll try what you suggest next. What I really wondered, though, is if there is something particular to Atahaulpa that might make this hack not work.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Old Jan 19, 2014, 03:39 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hello Again,
Thanks in advance for any replies to this. But I have done what I wanted to without a plugin using the hack at the following link:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4389

Thanks!!

Andrew